I have been contemplating for awhile to go back to having breakfast (the most important meal of the day, right) although I had noticed that on the days I used to eat a meal (and not just a fruit or something) before lunch, I would get viciously hungry around 10am, then 11am and then be ready for a big lunch meal.
The last 2 weeks though have been delicious and surprisingly filling. As you probably have seen the latest craze in health food recipes and blogs – the acai bawl.
It comes in different shapes and tastes and can be really adjusted to all diets, but the most essential part is the acai berry known for its antioxidant qualities.
I use the dried frozen acai berry from RioLife, and I add the following to the blender:
– 1 packet acai, run it under hot water for 25 seconds
– half a cup of coconut water
– 1 banana (frozen or not)
– 2-3 tbsp chia seeds
– 2 dates (if I need the extra sweet taste)
– 1 tbsp of coconut cream (if I need the fat and creaminess, on days I know lunch will be later)
– 1 tbsp maca powder (great hormonal controller, it tasted a bit sweet and I like to hide it in here)
– 1 tbsp spirulina powder (go away toxins)
Once it’s blended for a couple of minutes, pour into a cup and add ANYTHING. People add granola, yogurt, berries, nuts. I add these guys:
– raw pistachios
– coconut flakes
– goji berries
– leftover fruit …
And voila!!! For some reason I enjoy savoring it with a small tea spoon; it does taste better 🙂
p.s. best consumed right after your morning meditation. enjoy 🙂